Hi! My name is Lara and welcome to my book blog, A Bundle of Books! This is where I post book reviews on mostly YA, Fantasy, and Classic novels, but I often review books from other genres as well. I post book reviews as I read (which is ± 1 book review a week) and these are either long or pretty short depending on how much I have to say. I also participate in Top 5 Wednesday at least once a month on my blog and sometimes have random book-related posts as well.
Here’s a little bit about me:
- I am currently studying towards my English Literature degree.
- I love books more than anything, but I also enjoy playing pool, dancing ballet, and going to flea markets.
- I have been dancing ballet since I was 5 years old.
- I have 2 younger sisters; one who hates reading and another who can’t get enough of reading.
- I’m really introvert and don’t enjoy clubs because the environment and people always give me anxiety.
- My favourite book of all time is The Great Gatsby and my least favourite is Robinson Crusoe.
- I haven’t read the Harry Potter series yet (YES, THIS IS CONTROVERSIAL), but I do own it so I plan on remedying this problem soon! I’m really obsessed with the movies, though.
- My favourite city that I have been to is Edinburgh in Scotland.
- My favourite colour is green.
- My birthday is the 28th of November.
- I hate playing sports because I’m really clumsy and somehow always get hurt.
Why Did I Start This Blog?
I have always been an avid reader deep down. I fell in love with books after reading works by Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton, and Jacqueline Wilson as a child. When I was 8 years old I knew that one day I wanted to be a writer, a dream that I am still aspiring to. But, once I got into high school, my love for reading started to fade. We had to read books that weren’t relatable or interesting for teenagers at all. Because I had no choice but to read these books, I hated reading more and more. It was only after I finished high school that my love for reading was reignited. I found book blogs and YouTube channels that helped me realise that there are still fun and enjoyable books out there. Reading books for university became more enjoyable as well, because we were studying books that we were able to understand and relate to better. I started this blog so that I can share my thoughts on the books I read, whether they be books for personal reading or for university. I want to get involved in this book blogging community and to talk about books with other people who love books, too. I also hope that this blog shows that not all books are boring! 🙂
If you are a book lover, I hope you stick around and enjoy reading my blog as much as I do writing for it! Thanks for stopping by 🙂